For the eighth year in a row, the Angel Medical Center Auxiliary has received the coveted Five Star Award from the North Carolina Hospital Volunteers, which is the highest award available for N.C. Hospital Volunteer organizations.
The auxiliary, 160 members strong, contributed well over 30,000 hours to Angel Medical Center last year, representing an economic benefit in excess of $300,000.
The volunteers also enhance patient comfort and safety with generous donations of the money they raise through the Angel Touch Gift Shop, Angel Thrift Shop, bake sales, craft shows, uniform sales, and jewelry sales.
Tim Hubbs, CEO, states, ‚“I am so proud and appreciative of our volunteers for the work they do for the sick and injured of our community and for helping make Angel Medical Center strong.
We are all blessed by their giving spirit.” Auxiliary volunteers take care of the oldest and youngest of Angel Medical Center’s patients, below are a few of the ways they help:
• Provide expectant mothers a Birthing Class Handbook
• Provide mothers a New Mom’s Handbook
• Provide babies a crocheted cap
• Provide pediatric patients a handmade doll and crayons
• Provide geriatric patients using a walker a walker bag with pockets for cell phones, purses, mail, etc.
• Provide papers and convenience items for all in-patients.
• Visit and sit with hospice patients in their homes or in the hospital, providing caregivers some time for themselves.
• Assist in registration, patient transport, recycling, etc.
• Assist with the American Red Cross blood drives, cardiovascular screenings, the Teddy Bear Clinic, Senior Health Expo, National Health Decision Day,
For more information about the Angel Medical Center Auxiliary or to volunteer, contact Jennifer Hollifield at (828)349-6869.