The local chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution organized a bell ringing to commemorate Constitution Day. The Franklin Fire Department was able to participate in the bell ringing having just acquired a bell that was once a part of the FFD fleet.
Randolph Bulgin brought the bell to Franklin Fire about three weeks ago and presented it to the fire department on behalf of his father. The bell was believed to have been used on a fire truck as early as 1915. He later mounted it on the 1937 fire truck.