The North Carolina State Highway Patrol along with the Division of Law Enforcement Wildlife Resources Commission and the Alcohol Law Enforcement Division have released the totals for “On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink and Drive” campaign for the period of July 4 - 7.
“On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink and Drive” campaign is a multi-agency initiative that is designed to combine law enforcement resources to ensure that all motorists can safely travel on highway and waterways during the summer months. Operation “On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink & Drive” is focused on three key summer travel holiday weekends; Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.
The last phase of the operation is scheduled for the Labor Day weekend period. The totals are reflective of each agencies collaborative enforcement efforts during the 4th of July holiday period:
• Driving While Impaired: 368
• Provisional License Violation: 37
• Other Implied Consent Violation: 88
• Drug Violations: 27
• Drug Paraphernalia: 10
• Seatbelt Violations: 1518
• Child Restraint Violations: 176
• Equipment Violations: 709
• Driver License Violation: 1316
• Registration Violation: 1216
• Other Violations: 3875
Wildlife Resources Commission
• Operate While Impaired: 50
• Other Boat Violations: 451
• Other Boat Warnings: 850
Alcohol Law Enforcement
The Alcohol Law Enforcement Division made five arrests including an Underage Possession of Alcohol and Carrying a Concealed Weapon.